This year is kind of a big deal for our family. My husband and I both turn 30 this year, AND we celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary this May. It’s got me thinking about milestones and different ways to celebrate them. I want this year to be special and one that we look back on and remember the ways (big and small) we celebrated.
Me and my husband
There are obviously way more ways than this to celebrate a milestone birthday, but this will help get your creative juices flowing. I inserted “30” into some of these ideas since we are both turning 30 this year, but obviously these will work for 20, 40, 50, 60,70, 80, 90, and 100! Really any milestone birthday would work (think 16, 18, or 21).
- Invite 30 friends to your party.
- Cross an item off your bucket list.
- Do something you loved as a child (i.e. rollerskating, painting, hiking in the woods)
- Eat a lot of cake. 😉
- Reminisce about old friends, your hometown, etc.
- Go somewhere you’ve never been before.
- Do something you’ve never done before.
- Buy something special that you’ve been wanting for a while.
- Climb something.
- Have an intimate party with a few close friends.
- Create a list of 30 things you want to do during your 30th year.
- Go somewhere within 30 miles of you.
- Drink champagne.
- Go restaurant hopping for each course.
- Visit your hometown.
- Face one of your fears.
- Host a 1930‘s-themed party.
- Taste test 30 wines or beers.
- Get a 30-minute massage.
As for me, I’m going to be crossing an item off my bucket list. I’ve wanted to pierce my nose for a few years, so I’m finally having that done. I might get at least one new piercing in an ear as well. 🙂 After thinking more about about these ideas, I’m really liking the idea of creating a list of 30 things I want to do while I’m 30 years old. Also, restaurant hopping would be a lot of fun…but maybe too expensive for our budget at this time.
Happy birthday planning!