50 Gift Ideas for the Minimalists in Your Life
We’ve all been there…feeling the stress of figuring out the perfect gifts to buy for the people in our lives. And then add in the fact that some of them are minimalists, and it can take it to a whole new confusing level. But there really are some good gift ideas for minimalists that won’t clutter their homes!
Read on for some great gifts for minimalists…
What is a Minimalist?
Minimalists want to keep clutter to a minimum so that they can better enjoy their lives. They know that if their home and schedule are cluttered with things they don’t love and need, they are sacrificing space and time for the things they do love and need.
People who practice minimalism are often looking for ways to simplify their lives. Simple living and minimalism often go hand-in-hand. They may want to replace some of the items in their homes with things that will serve their needs better. And they want to be surrounded by things that they absolutely love…ONLY what they absolutely love. But this looks different for each minimalist!
For minimalists, it’s about priorities. If you know a minimalist enough to know what their priorities are, start there. You should be able to come up with some appropriate, and very much appreciated, gifts for the minimalists in your life.
Are All Minimalists Opposed to Receiving Physical Gifts?
Minimalists aren’t necessarily opposed to receiving more things for their home, but it’s best to ask. After all, minimalists definitely want to keep clutter at a minimum.
If they are currently decluttering, giving them physical gifts may not be a good idea. But if they have already decluttered the bulk of what needed to go, they may have a better idea what kinds of things they would prefer to have.
If you aren’t a minimalist, but you want to buy something for a friend or family member who is, you must consider their lifestyle.
You could buy them something that makes their life easier. Or maybe something that makes their life more enjoyable. To do this, you need to know their hobbies and interests, as well as their needs.
Doing this will help you find the best gifts for minimalists in your life.
Gift Ideas for Minimalists
Remember, gifts for minimalists shouldn’t cause clutter in their life. That means the gift needs to be meaningful, line up with their priorities, and not cause added stress.
Looking for minimalist gifts for kids? Then check out my 30 Minimalist Gift Ideas Kids Will Love!
Here are some of the best gifts for minimalists to get the juices flowing for the minimalists in your life!
Gifts for Minimalists: Simplify Your Life
First, check out these gift ideas for minimalists that just might make their life so much easier:
1. Clip-On Silicone Colander. A silicone colander clips onto ANY pot or bowl, saving you space and making it easier to strain whatever you are making.
2. Convertible Backpack-Tote. This convertible tote can change from one strap to two, making it a backpack. Great for traveling or just times on-the-go!
3. 3-in-1 Hand-Warming Flashlight Phone Charger. How cool is this flashlight that charges your phone AND can keep your hands warm?!?
4. 8-in-1 Kitchen Tool Set. This multiple kitchen gadget set stores altogether in the shape of a wine bottle to save you tons of space. The set includes a funnel, juicer, grater, egg cracker, shredder, can opener, egg separator, and measuring cup.
5. Travel Portfolio Organizer. Keep all of your electronics and office supplies in one portable pouch. Great for bringing on your next trip!
6. Reusable Notebook (Digitalizes Your Notes!). This reusable notebook is so cool. You take notes with the special pen, and send your notes right into Google docs, Dropbox, iCloud, Evernote, or email. Then, you can microwave the notebook to erase your messages and use it again (up to 5 times)! Crazy, right?!?
7. Packing Cubes. Gift these packing cubes to make life so much easier for your minimalist friend who travels a lot!
8. Echo Dot. Use the Echo Dot to play music, answer your questions, set timers, control other home devices, and more!
9. Drillbrush Power Scrubber Cleaning Kit. Need some extra elbow grease? Get this power scrubber that attaches to your cordless drill to create a powerful tool for scrubbing hard-to-clean areas in your bathroom.
10. iRobot Braava Robot Mop. This robot mop sweeps and mops the hard floors in your home, so you don’t have to!
11. eMeals Gift Certificate. Give the gift of meal plans and grocery lists ready to go! With eMeals, you get to choose the kind of meal plan that’s right for you, select the meals that you like, and get a shopping list that you can send right to several deliveries or pick-up services (or take with you to the store).
12. Charging Station. Help your minimalist friend consolidate their devices and the charging cords that go with them with this charging station.
13. 6-Port Device Charger. This 6-port device charger works perfectly inside the charging station above and allows you to quickly charge multiple devices simultaneously.
14. Fast Drying Microfiber Hair Towel. This microfiber hair towel helps your hair dry faster…all while not damaging your hair!
15. Instant Pot. An Instant Pot combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pot, yogurt maker, and warmer. It also prepares dishes up to 70% faster for those of us in a busy stage of life.
16. iRobot Robot Vacuum. I love the idea of programming a robot vacuum and then not worrying about the constant mess that happens when you have pets or kids!
17. YETI Insulated Tumble. This stainless steel vacuum-insulated tumbler is highly rated on Amazon and is great for taking your warm beverage wherever life takes you.
18. The Freedom Journal. Use this really cool journal to make your dreams and goals a reality! Perfect for the driven minimalist in your life.
19. PureSteam Portable Fabric Steamer. This portable fabric steamer is perfect for home or travel. It’s convenient and powerful!
20. Portable Fabric Shaver and Lint Remover. This is great for your minimalist friend with a capsule wardrobe. She needs her small capsule wardrobe to last, so a lint remover like this is essential.
21. Soulful Simplicity. Your minimalist friend, whether just starting out or wanting to grow in this lifestyle, will get so much value and inspiration from Soulful Simplicity, a book by Courtney Carver.
Minimalist Gift Ideas: Fun and Hobbies
Now, here are some minimalist gift ideas that have the potential to help them enjoy their lives more than they are already:
Check out these gift ideas for minimalists who love music:
22. Portable Shower Speaker. Your music-loving friend will love having this waterproof bluetooth speaker for her shower!
23. Amazon eGift Card. Get your music lover an Amazon eGift card so they can update their playlists with tons of new songs.
24. Noise-Cancelling Headphones. Your music-loving friend probably needs noise-canceling headphones to help her enjoy her music wherever she goes.
Active and Health-Conscious
Check out these gift ideas for minimalists who are active and health-conscious:
25. Hydro Cell Stainless Water Bottle. The active minimalist in your life needs a nice water bottle that stays cold and is easy to use with a straw.
26. Ninja Professional Blender. A nice blender is excellent for chopping and blending all kinds of foods, making life for the health-conscious much easier.
27. Essential Oil Diffuser. This essential oil diffuser is also a humidifier and night light! Don’t forget the essential oils.
28. Compact Gym Bag. Look for a compact gym bag that is big enough for all your gym essentials.
The Artsy/Crafty Woman
Here are some gift ideas for minimalists who are artistic or crafty:
29. A Online Crafting Class through Craftsy. Craftsy offers over a thousand online classes, so you are bound to find something that your crafty loved one would love!
30. Cricut Cutting Machine. This cutting machine is an incredible tool that allows you to cut so many things to create custom products that are personalized to you.
31. Adult Coloring Book. If coloring is a favorite pastime for your minimalist friend, she would love to have a new adult coloring book. Buy her this Christmas themed one for the holidays, or check out many other anytime options.
32. Sketchbook. A new sketchbook is perfect for your artsy minimalist friend. They are likely always in need of a new sketchbook as they tend to fill up quickly!
33. Watercolor Pencils. Watercolor pencils are so versatile and perfect for any type of artist. There’s so many creative ways to use these!
34. The Artist’s Way. This artist’s book is perfect for anyone who wants to bring their creativity up a notch or discover the creativity already within.
The Book Lover and Growth Seeker.
Check out these gift ideas for minimalists who love books or are constantly learning:
35. Kindle E-Reader. A Kindle e-reader is great for anyone who is decluttering their books or wants to minimize the number of physical books they buy!
36. Kindle Unlimited. The Book Lover’s Journal
This journal is perfect for the book lover because she can document what she is reading, her thoughts and reactions, plus more.
37. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. This popular self-help book is perfect for your growth seeking minimalist friend. No matter your life stage or occupation, this book will help you create the change in your life that you most need.
38. Everybody Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People. This is a must-read book for the minimalist in your life who are trying to live well. It’s about taking ownership, becoming love, and dealing with disappointments in life in the most healthy of ways.
Minimalist Gift Ideas: Consumable Gifts
If you are at a loss for what would make your minimalist’s life easier or more enjoyable, a consumable gift might be the way to go. That way, they can enjoy the gift for a time, but it won’t add long-term clutter to their home.
Finally, check out these consumable minimalist gift ideas:
39. Erasable Gel Pens. Look for gel ink pens that are erasable and come in fun colors!
40. Stress Soothe Balm. Your minimalist friend will love this natural and organic herbal remedy with essential oils. Use this balm to soothe stress and reduce your anxiety.
41. Herbal Bath Soak. This herbal bath soak is a blend of epsom and Dead Sea salt and infused with lavender essential oil. Great for relieving sore muscles, soothing skin, and relieving stress!
42. Scented Candles. I love a good candle to set the mood and fill the room with wonderful scents. This one is made with 100% natural soy wax.
43. Bath Bomb Gift Set. These uniquely handcrafted bath bombs are moisturizing for your skin and relaxing for your soul.
44. Hickory Farms Hearty Selection. Summer sausage, gouda, harvest vegetable white cheddar, farmhouse cheddar, jalapeño cheddar, creamy Swiss, and toasted crackers…yum.
45. Oh! Nuts Holiday Gift Basket. This nut sampler boasts festive peanuts bursting with unique flavors!
46. Stonewall Antipasto or Jam Gift Set. Give the gift of delicious antipasto, jam, or both!
47. Popcorn Lovers Gift Set. Perfect for popcorn lovers and movie lovers alike! A popcorn gift set with four fun flavorings to try.
What About Minimalist Gift Ideas that Aren’t Things?
Some of the absolute best gifts for minimalists aren’t things.
If you are looking for some gift ideas for minimalists that aren’t physical things, there are so many options! I’ve listed many ideas in another post: Gifts for Minimalists. Check it out to get unique ideas for both adults and children.
The Best Gifts for Minimalists That Won’t Clutter Their Home
Here is a summary of the types of gifts I mention that are great gift ideas for minimalists:
- Consumable gifts
- Activity-based gifts
- Service gifts
- Gifts of quality time
Head to my gifts for minimalists post for more details and ideas for each of these categories!
Looking for minimalist gifts for kids? Then check out my 30 Minimalist Gift Ideas Kids Will Love!
When you really want to buy something for the minimalists in your life, there are great “gifts for minimalists” options that won’t clutter their homes. I hope you found some inspiration for the people in your life from my gift ideas for minimalists!
Theresa Bedford is a syndicated freelance home and travel writer with regular contributions to the Associated Press wire and MSN. She helps everyday people love the life they have through simplicity, organization, and prioritization.
Awesome gifts!! I will definitely be getting some of these!
Great! I’m glad you found some inspiration from my list. 😊
Great gift ideas.. I especially love the soothe balm. That could definitely come in handy, especially around the holidays!
Thanks, Heather! I’m glad you found some ideas.
Did you make this list for me? So many awesome gift ideas! I know some of my friends and family will appreciate a lot of these too. Thank you ♡
Haha! You are so welcome. ❤️
Great tips, i got some new gift ideas now 🙂
Thanks! I’m glad you found some inspiration for your holiday shopping!
GREAT POST!! I’m going to be picking up LOTS of these gifts I think 🙂
Thank you so much! I’m glad you were able to find some things that are a good fit for your family and friends. ❤️